Thursday, June 19, 2008

Food for the skin

I had came across this brand since - Skin Food last year and I quite like their range. As their brand concept is to feed the skin with food. And the ingredients - yeah thats what they say.... its all natural goodness - tomato, aloe vera and all kinds of fruits and vegetables.

The one and only store is in Queensbay Penang (in front of Dave's Deli). And at first I never want to step in as the store gave me an impressions like the products will be selling like Estee lauder/Clinique price. Those counters brand you need to spend minimum 90 to 200 for an item.

For eg Estee lauder cleanser you can get like 90 bucks, mask/scrub >150 (not sure how much), moiturizer - Day wear spf15 is selling at 160 (used before, damn good!) These are basic care, if you are talking about whitening line, anti aging line..... whoa ...! min 250 and above for an item. You say geng bo?? :P Then again their XMAS pack is very worth to buy, you spend about 190, you can get a full size moisturizer, 50ml cleaner and other expensive stuffs miniature like their skin refining essence and etc.

Clinique will be slightly cheaper compared to EL. Then again you will need to spend very much like 150 to 200 for their skin care line.

But after I asked around, what I heard from my friends is a different story. The price range is like The Body Shop or lower. So I decided to give this brand a try. Since it says they are using all 'natural' ingredients, I hope it would not cause sensitiveness to my skin.

I was using dermalogica ultra sensitive skin faceblock spf25 previously. This tinted and richly emollient moisturizer combines a chemical-free sunscreen with a light wash of color to defend even the most dry and sensitive skin conditions from exposure to daylight. Titanium Dioxide reflects both UVA and UVB rays, while rich conditioning agents and vitamins A, C and E create a shield against environmental drying and irritation. Soothing Grape Seed and Green Tea extracts help to further calm the skin. Contains no artificial fragrance or color.



Yes whatever they say, it works for me but the price is high so I was looking at other brand so that I pay less. This one cost you about 135 from Leonard Drake stores, I can get it at lower price from Ebay though. This 50ml tube last me for almost 8 months. But I think skinfood is worth for trying and so I bought their Tomato sun cream spf36 PA++ for my 1st try.



I paid 38.90 for this item. I quite like the smell, very light smell that freshen me in the morning as I use it every morning. Then again, the thing I dont like about this cream is that it is not so spreadable. Meaning that if your face is still wet, this cream just cant move and very hard to spread over your face evenly. I need to make sure my face is dry enough before I apply this on. Otherwise I will ended up rubbing my skin to spread this on....

The result of this cream is OK. My "OK" means not bad. But I will not say it is very good. The reason being is that I dont like the WHITE color tone after I apply onto my face. If you accidentally press too much cream, your face will look like WHITEY and not so natural. So to avoid this different color tone between my face and neck, I also apply it onto my neck to even the tone out. Which means I pay less but I need to apply so much so at the end also LPPL lah! This 50ml tube last me for about 5 to 6 months.



Then since I dont really like the WHITEY look so I had been searching for another tinted moisturizer from this brand. And after browsing the review from CARI forum, most ladies love this Aloe Vera BB cream SPF 20 PA. BB stands for Blemish Block, it supposed to cover your blemish but I think this cream cant play the magic though. :P

This cream is a combination of skin-care and make-up, claimed to leave your skin feeling moisturized while it corrects your skin tone. Your complexion looks naturally air-brushed, clear and fresh! Rich with aloe, it excellently soothes skin and provides moisture. Also contains SPF 20. I paid 54.90 for this item, same size 50ml tube.

I cant give any good comment as I only used it for first day. But the feeling is not bad, freshly smell, and nice color. There are 2 colors for this product, the store lady introduced a light shade for me as she said my skin is fair. So when I apply, I think I press too much this morning, but my face dont look whitey this time as this is a tinted cream, so it wont look white but natural skin color.

It is very spreadable, smells good and color.... make my face look even and fresh looking. It is good to be used as a makeup base too. I quite happy with this. :D



I also using their Cucumber soothing mask. This soothing wash off facial pack comes with cucumber extract. Relaxes and moisturizes dry skin. More effective if it is chilled before application.

Erm.... lets get to the point, this mask basically does not much improvement if you dont use it frequently. If you follow their instruction to use it 2 to 3 times a week, erm the result is like ..... "do nothing mask". I tried to use it everyday for 1 week, and my skin turned to supple, and very hydrated. I paid 33.90 for this item, 100ml jar. The best thing about this mask is the cucumber smell, love it so much! Overall I quite like it but I will not repurchase as I prefer the next item......

The hot seller Rice Mask. This item is selling at 44.90 100ml jar


This is an exfoliating wash off scrub mask with minerals, vitamins and gamma oryzanol. Moisturizes and whitens the skin. I really like this one, I got the sample from the store gals and I am quite happy with the result.

The mask contains grainy things inside - for exfoliating your skin. And the smell is very good, if you dont like the smell, dont buy this. After using it for 2 times, skin is glowing and you feel your face is very clean. I will buy this once my soothing mask is finished.

I think I will continue buy from them as I like their product and also the price is very much align with my pocket too. So I have no say.

No comments: