Saturday, October 11, 2008

Viva la vida



I specially like this album from Coldplay this time. I really like track no.1 , no.5, no. 7, no. 9, no. 10 This is their 4th album, and after listening to it, I find their music genre had a slight change to soft rock + post rock elements which make me so excited. :D


  1. Life in technicolor - The one song that I really like as it as it is a post rock song. The guitar is the core rhythm. Not a usual 'Coldplay' song.

  2. Cementeries of london

  3. Lost

  4. 42

  5. Lovers in Japan/Reign of love - Lovers in Japan/Reign of love - Separated to 2 parts. 1st part of the song is a piano rhythm and I specially like the part kick in at 3.56 also my type of music, thats why I like it.

  6. Yes

  7. Viva la vida - The violin will makes you awake! I specialliy like the part that kick in at 1.38 and at the 2nd verse at 1.53 I cant help it!! I am now listening it over and over, cant help it!!

  8. Violet hill

  9. Strawbery swing - The core rhythm of guitar make me smile.

  10. Death and all his friends - Separated to 2 parts too, the part that I like would be the part that kick in at 3.35

The members of the band met at the University College London (UCL) in September 1996. Chris Martin and Jonny Buckland were the first members of the band, having met one another during their orientation week. They spent the rest of the college year planning a band, with their efforts culminating in a band called Pectoralz.


Later, Guy Berryman, a classmate of the two, joined the band without considering what musical direction it was taking. By 1997, the group performed gigs for local Camden promoters at small clubs. By that time, the band had renamed themselves Starfish.Martin also had recruited his longtime school friend Phil Harvey, who was studying classics at Oxford, to be the band's manager.


The band's lineup was complete when Will Champion joined the band to take up percussion duties. Champion had grown up playing piano, guitar, bass, and tin whistle; he quickly learned the drums, despite having no previous experience. The band finally settled on the name "Coldplay" which was suggested by Tim Crompton , a local student who had been using the name for his group.


I attached my favourite track here

No comments: