Saturday, December 19, 2009

My 1st bowl of soup

As mentioned in the last post, I planned to boil chicken soup this weekend. And here are my evidence to prove I do what I plan. :P

I didnt go to marketing this morning because I have all I need to do this. First, the 汤料。



Add in some red dates, amount to add its depends on your own preference as it will make the soup taste sweet. Its not like sugar like sweetness but its more to neutralized the bitterness of chinese herbs.



Dried angelica root aka 当归. We only need very little of angelica root, otherwise it will make the soup too bitter, pea size shd be more than enough.



Chicken, you can also add chicken bones.



Add in 3 bowls of water, put in the soup ingredients, red dates, angelica roots, chicken and plenty of salts. Boiled it for hours, I put in slow cooker and set it to automatic mode and boil it for over night. I had not drink it yet and I will try it tmr morning. And I shall make this as my lunch, add in baked beans with egg. Song!!



I hope I wont failed, mom is coming home tmr night, I shall keep a bowl for her to try. Hehe!

As usual, I did some cleaning this evening, clean all the dirty dishes, the cooking hob and the washing basin. I just cannot stand seeing the used cups, plates, bowls or even the cooking pan piling up at the washing basin. If you are lazy to wash, then please dont cook in your kitchen. Unless you have a maid to take care of it.

After doing all the 'hard work', same feeling comes out ... satisfaction of making my home clean.

No comments: