Tuesday, June 04, 2013

因祸得福

I had shared what happened on my hands on my previous post. If you ask for photos, you can view from my previous post here --> Unsightful review

I am diagnosed with Atopic Eczema, and this is not the 1st episode in my life. I actually born with it and had bad skin since I was 5. The background is that, my skin is all the while smooth and silky when I am at home. However, due to some genetic breakage, sorry I dont have the medical terms but only my own language to explain here where the linkage between my cell under my skin is weaker than other people. So it is prone to bacteria, virus, dustmite attack. The photo below shows you how infection change along my age. For adults, localised irritation is very common and my attack point is both of my hands.


With that I cannot stay at the dusty or dirty area like dirty furniture shop, boutique, places selling bedsheet, dusty kampung house etc. My body get uneasy or itchy if I stay in the furniture shop for more than 30 mins. Ahem... IKEA is an exceptional case where the dust may have 'removed' by the overwhelming crowd before I even get there so I dont have this issue in IKEA, unless i sit there for hours but usually we walk around along the stores so I am still fine with IKEA. Or you can say IKEA shop is clean? Skeptical though....

Due to the day to day irritant agents like detergents, shampoo, shower gel and dishes washing etc, my hands is the main target bacteria infection. And it bothers me alot as when it hits me, basically I cant do anything. Any pressure to my fingers and hands can be very painful. The open fissures, blisters under my skin can be very itchy if I accidentally burst it. For example, holding spoon for eating, opening door with house keys, opening bottles, bending my fingers to do ANYTHING.... all these need 'strength' from your fingers and my infection doesnt allow me to do those. Why I put my post title as 因祸得福 is because due to my infection, I need people to do those things for me, is like serving me like a princess, even very simple task like holding a cup, cutting chicken with knife. And I would like to share more what this person can offer in my daily life. 

In the other way, you may be thinking... walao.... so useless lo like that, you are as good as no hands leh! Yeah right, I dont deny that. But I didnt want that to happen, not even a little in my life. Well, things happen and we got to deal with it positively anyway. Just when it hits me, I cant help it but feel upset for a few days until I see improvement from some treatment recommended by specialist. This time round I spend another 500 for the consultation as using topical steroid treatment cream during pregnancy sounds scary so I tried non steroid but nothing is working. Dr then prescribed me something different but more expensive, that antibiotic oilment really helped, supposed to use in 5 days cycle but I see tremendous improvement in just 3 days. I stopped that oilment but continue using other cream that stop my body itching. I realized non steroid stuffs are so much more expensive than steroid. Hmmm.....

Last night me and BengHoe decided to do some house cleaning. As the dust on the floor starts to irritate me, really 'mata sakit' seeing those on the floor so without further delay I took up the broom and start sweeping floor. This Uncle Tan came to stop me, saying later when my body heat goes up I feel itchy again. (Which is true la!) Ok lo.... I waited until he finished sweeping floor and thought can help on mopping floor. Again he said, dont do it later your hands painful and the skin infection comes back. (Again, he was right too!) Ok...ok... I then walked to the washroom and wanted to wash the sink and toilet bowl. And again, he came in and stop me from doing since my hands are ultra-sensitized to detergents. Then I asked.... then what should I do ?? He said you go fold all the clothes enough,  the rest let me handle. Actually I felt I am so useless, I was trying to help but what he said was correct, if I feel too hot, body may be itching; if I touching water or detergent too long, my hands get sensitized again. As a husband, what else I can ask? I dont get romantic sweet words from him, no romantic candlelight dinner, no surprises or presents on Valentines day, birthday, or anniversary. I accepted this man as who he is and all these doesnt matter to me now. He shows his love and care in 'his way' and I would like to say:

"Thanks Uncle Tan for being caring all along, I know my stupid hands worries you, lets hope all these non sense go away when our daughter arrived in 12 weeks time. And I will tell her that she has a caring daddy. :)"

No comments: