Monday, August 11, 2014

The amazing GM Diet

I was introduced to gm diet by my colleague. Check out here ..... http://www.gmdietworks.com/

The plan was developed by General Motors for its employees in promoting healthy lifestyle.

The plan goes like this:
Day 1 , you only eat fruits, any type of fruits except banana.

Day 2, you only eat vegetables, we can get good starch from potatoes so we dont feel hungry.

Day 3, you can eat both fruits and vegetable, stay away from banana.

Day 4, you can now eat banana with milk. Its a banana milk day. Sounds very fattening right?

Day 5, for the past days, we only eat fruits and vege, now to tell your body to burn fat, you can eat meat and tomatoes. Stickly protein meat with no white rice yea.

Day 6, its a cheat day for gm diet. You can have brown rice, meat and tomatoes.

Day 7, similiar to day 3, fruits and vege day with some brown rice.

The plan was introduced by my colleague since she knows I am keen to losing weight. I tried it since I really need to shred my post baby fat. After 10 months I still carry those fat , so I tell myself why not just give a try since is only 7 days program.

I was 55kg before pregnant, not very small but I think I was ok with that weight, although I am supposed to look even better if I weigh only 50kg. During the final stage of my pregnancy, I was 68kg. After baby birth, weight down to 63kg. I lost few kgs after that and down to 61kg. Then again, with no strict commitment, my weight stagnant at 61 - 62kg. I then changed my eating habit by replacing morning roti time with the oats + milk. It was a bad move, I gained 2 kg after few weeks. During these days, I have exercise 5 times a week. Not the cardio but the strength and toning exercise to shred my 'bye bye' arms and the 'sagging' buttocks. And yes, squad and lunges really help shaping my butt to a better look. Trust me, it works.

Ok back to the diet.

Day 1
On the first day my weight was 64kg, the “only fruit’ day was hard for me, I have headache and was fighting with the cravings. Its not easy to switch just that, your body and mind struggling how come no coffee, no sugar and rice for me? I cheated during the 1st day by eating a bit of Tuna at night as I am not supposed to feel hungry during the plan.

Day 2
On the early morning of 2nd day I weigh again and weight goes down to 61kg. I doubt a while and say continue for the rest of the days and see what would happen. I still dont really believe I lost so much in just 1 day. Well, the 2nd day was easier for me. I can eat potatoes, the raw boiled potatoes with no milk, no salt, just eat as is. I am a potatoes person so it wasnt hard for me. End of day 2, my weigh stay at 61kg.

Day 3
It was easy for me, since my body have adjusted to the new diet. The difference is that I didnt feel hungry and no cravings over coffee and food that I used to eat. I only eat 1 kiwi in the morning as breakfast. Lunch was vegetable salad with olive oil and ranch. According to the plan, you are not supposed to have dressing on salad but why make yourself so suffer? I just put only la. End of day 3, my weight was 61kg.

Day 4
Today is a banana milk day. It was tough, I didnt take banana but I ate other fruits to substitute. I still eat vegetables salad as lunch on this day. End of day 4, my weight down to 60kg.

Day 5
Many people love this day. After so many days of eating fruits and vegetable, you can now eat meat and tomatoes. I replace beef with chicken and tuna. I happily go to Indian restaurant and have my grilled chicken with mint sauce. The typical Indian style. Yummy day! Sadly, I gained 1kg by end of day 5. Weight back to 61kg.

Day 6
Today is a feast day for gm diet, you can have meat and brown rice today. You need some fat to tell your body to burn fat. Due to the weight gain on day 5, I change my diet to vegetarian meal. I have mushrooms with pepper in the morning, smashed potatoes as my lunch and tuna as dinner. End of day 6, my weight down to 60kg.

Day 7, Again, another vegetarian day for me. According to the plan, It was supposed to be fruits and vege day with brown rice. I have potatoes as breakfast, mushroom with butter sauce as lunch and omelette with cheese as dinner.

During these 7 days, I did not take coffee although I am a coffee person I stick to the plan. This is a no grain, no wheat, and gluten free plan. Taking away these 'good stuff' really can do magic on your body. We always thought these are good food but end up I gained weight because of the god damm oats! I feel so angry about myself. I look at the mirror and asking where did I go wrong since I stick to my exercise plan all this while and how come I am not losing any weight. Now the answer is revealed. Wheat, grains and sugar are the culprit.

After 7 days, I am down to 58kg. Total weight lost 6kg. I still cant believe I can live without coffee and white rice. Its amazing to witness the magic of taking away ‘bad’ food from me. I will do this again in one month time to my ideal weight – 52kg. Thanks to GM diet, now everyone can look good!

No comments: