Culprit finally revealed!!! Why I said that ? Do you know why?
I am an eczema patient for many years, incase you dont know, eczema is something like if you got it, you have it for the rest of your life. Is not like you can be cured by eating some medicine or treatment. Whatever treatment we take, is merely to control the condition. It WILL NOT GO AWAY. This simply because it is a symptom coming from weak immunization, most of the time is coming from skin. The skin cell was not well connected and that's why eczema patient is prone to alot of external factors like dusts, food and work/home environment.
I suffered from eczema at very young age, and I have tried many ways to control my skin condition and you know.... nothing has worked! Oh I have to correct that, sometimes is worked as when I am under full course of antibiotic and steroid treatment. Once I stopped those, it comes back. And trust me, you dont want to eat antibiotic for 3 months, I find it disgusting!!!
I just change to new company lately and I have met someone.... and she introduced me to consult to this allergist professional located at Tangkak, Johor. She told me if you know you are allergy to something, why not speak to this Dr and see what he has to help you. And yes I tried.
The allergy test is very simple, it is actually a test using kinetic muscle method; your body will tell what are the elements that you are allergy to. To my surprised, I am most "sensitized" by this element called EGG!! Other than shellfish, detergent (which I already know of) EGG is something I have never thought I would have allergy to.
And now, this Dr will not prescribe any med for me, the way he treat you is, since you know you are allergy to so and so.... he will expect you to avoid these food for a period like 1-3 months. Consultation will be repeated until your body tells you are no longer allergy to those allergens. It is also advised to avoid all allergen for 12-18 months so that you will be fully recovered and get back to your life.
Now, my challenge is EGG! Egg is my favorite food, and taking away egg from my diet is not just NOT EATING EGGS. Anything that contain egg protein, or made by egg is not permittable. Let me named a few :
1) Egg of any kind (soft/hard/fried/steamed)
2) Cakes of any kind (except vegetarian cake made without egg)
3) Biscuits, cookies
4) Bread
5) Pudding (unless is egg-less)
6) Tarts, Pie
7) Fried chicken (unless the flour is not mixed with egg)
8) Noodles (except Udon, koay teow, beehun, glass noodles are egg-less)
9) Fried Banana/Cempedak (flour mixed with egg)
10) Mcd, KFC all out of my list
11) Any type of processed meat - ham, meat loaf
12) Fish balls, meat balls, chicken balls
11) Any type of processed meat - ham, meat loaf
12) Fish balls, meat balls, chicken balls
As you can see, most of the food contained eggs, it is a challenge for me, I have to change my diet entirely to go with EGG-LESS life. Its not a bad thing though, at least now I know what triggered my eczema and avoiding it and see it makes any improvement.
I am on my 3rd week with no egg diet, (yes, I am more like a vegetarian now) I can see my skin recovering and not so irritating as usual. Watery eyes is gone, yea... I always have that and I blame to my contact lens. I will revisit the Dr in another 2-3 months time, I hope I can see some positive result from my coming allergy test.
More update coming in another few months.
No comments:
Post a Comment