I have joined my new company for almost 3 months. There are few things I would like to talk about
1. Workload
2. How they work
3. Flexibility
I like the point no. 3 most. No one will question what time you go to office and what time you leave. If today I feel like tired and want to work from home, it is absolutely fine. Depending your luck on what type of customer you are dealing with, most of the time, no one will call you. If they do, it is your right not to pick up if the call comes after office hours.
Talk about workload, the load is not that bad. In my new place, bosses want to ensure we don't screw up and they will not load you too much at the beginning until the point they think you are ready to take on more. However, the honeymoon ended when they assign me the 2nd project which is migration of 74 servers with 23 SAP landscapes. Not doing my forte and I am struggling.
How do they work? No one seems to know anything, TAICHI masters are everywhere. When you hit into issues, no one owns the incident and you will need to work thru the night the get things done. If you are lucky, you get the 1st person who is well versed and willing to close the ticket then you can close the issue in few hours time. Otherwise, 1 simple issue that merely need 5 mins to resolved will dragged for DAYS to close. That is also with escalations, otherwise no one cares! I am not lying....
Back to flexibility; well like I said nothing comes free, it is given to us with criteria. We are working with people around the globe, in the morning I may be talking to Australian, Japanese. Afternoon I may be talking to Indian or European and in evening I will need to work with American. So basically I work day and night and working hours is quite long. So at the plus point, I can sleep and work later in the next day. So, there are good and bad sides of it.
I like the flexibility part and dislikes the "I have to work after 6pm" part. Well, no perfect place to work, we have to embrace the good sides of it. The flexibility is not really flexible as I may be required to be online at all time. So not the best part to me.
Well, this is a great company but not the best place to work if you ask me.
Well, this is a great company but not the best place to work if you ask me.
No comments:
Post a Comment