Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The nightmare......

It has been so so so long since my last blog. Well I must say I am so occupied lately. Oh yea, I had started my new relationship so as you know I will have more dates. Other than dating with my new man, I also date my friends ( I mean sometimes… :P); And also my hiking schedule, we would like to make it as a routine activity but then again the weather seems not so good. So I called off a few sessions.

My mom has been complaining about her back ache for months, and I finally brought her to consult orthopedic surgeon in Loh Guan Lye hospital last week. Guess what, the nightmare is coming back; the olden problem is awakening. To further on this I need to go back to 2 years in 2004.

Here we go…..
My mom has very bad backache in year 2004 Feb if I am not wrong. How pain is pain? Well I am not my mom I can’t really elaborate in detail; to make it simple….she just can’t sit AT ALL! I mean not even for a cup of coffee. I was a fresh graduate who just started to work, and my both my sister and brother are working in KL. Nobody can help me….
I brought my mom to Lam Wah Ee to consult Dr and he asked my mom to go for a MRI Scan. Result? Well the spinal bone disk is damaged, and caused the pain. What the DR suggested to us = operation. This is the thing that my mom doesn’t want it to happen. She was 54 years old and she was so afraid of going into operation room.

Alright after the 1st Dr, I brought her to the 2nd Dr in Loh Guan Lye who is Dr. Yeoh ( I must say, I like this Dr ). He told us the same thing but he strongly not encourages my mom to go for operation as the situation is not as bad as we thought. My mom was required to undergo physiotherapy for 6 months and situation improved. Improvement shown as she can sit in the car all the way from Pg to KL, and enjoy her Kopi-O as long as she wants. And every one of us just forgets about the physio, things improved why continue??

Right, what a big mistake we made. We should have continued the physio at least once a week or fortnightly. Now what, the problems worsen and the pain has started to irritate my mom. She can’t bend her body, very limited movement is allowed. I brought her to consult Dr. Yeoh again, he asked my mom to go for a 2nd MRI scan this time. Result?? Yea, as what I mentioned earlier, nightmare coming back. I asked is there any solution to ease the pain. Guess what Dr Yeoh said? There is no way to make the disk to go back to its original thickness (my mom’s very thin). What I mean DISK here is the soft bone between bones to support our movement. The lower part of our body should have thicker disk to support the lower part body movement. What Dr suggested = continue physiotherapy for min 3 months (2/3 times a week), and reduce the frequency (once a week) for another 3 months. If it improves, continue the physiotherapy and continual consultation to monitor my mom’s situation.

Oh well…. I was thinking to get part time job as a home tuition teacher. My plan needs to be called off now. What I mean by nightmare is here is that, I am going to be BROKE as each physio session cost me 35 bucks, means (35 * 3 = 105) * 4 = 420 a month. Oh well there goes my shopping …. For my mom, I have no say!

No comments: