Monday, May 15, 2006

Dell notebook

Here is something I would like to share out there! I was fancy about owning a notebook for so long, I mean a notebook with my own money; not loan from company. Finally I bought one in year 2004 after working for 6 months. The main reason for me to buy one computer is that my old one is giving me so much fucking problem and I couldn’t do anything to it at all. Therefore I got a glance of buying a new computer and found out the Dell is selling notebook with “low” prices. Notebook used to sell at RM5 to 6k and above and right now ~ the moment I bought range from 3 to 5k. Now is even cheaper!

That is definitely within my budget as I am planning to spend 4k for a new “toy”. So I ended up bought this Dell Inspiron 510M. ( No longer available, stop production!)



For my very first year, I am so happy of using it as it stops from problems. I can surf internet as I like without system hangs and all application can be ran smoothly. Well I have zero complaints until it reached 1 and half year old.

The problem started since Jan 2006, I was in the middle watching my HK drama, and suddenly my LCD screen goes black out! What I did was to reset the brightness and ended up I realized it is nothing to do with the brightness. The back light of LCD is ‘off ‘. So I tried to tilt, reset and restart my notebook and the LCD goes alive again. The live doesn’t last long. After 3 mins, the black visited me again.

I called up Dell and the customer service told the possibility of changing LCD is very high, however they need to do a thorough check before they change. Therefore, I was charged RM172 for the check, when they are done they told me it was not the LCD’s problem but the inverter between LCD and monitor is loose. So what they did was reconnect the wire and all that. So, my computer goes alive again and I am happy because that save me RM2k.

After 1 month, the nightmare comes back. It seems the ‘black’ miss me and visit me again. I checked out the service receipt and found out the warranty for the service is only valid for 1 month. And I was late by 2 days, too bad for me! I have no choice but to contact my friend and see what is his advice. Surprisingly he is doing servicing for computers too! Great, he checked out everything and told me there is nothing wrong with the LCD and inverter (after repair). My question here is that why the Mr. Black keep on visiting me? I am so upset with this problem as I am so “sakit hati”! I spend RM 4k for this computer and I am using it for less than 2 years, why it behave like a 5 years old notebook?

If the LCD burst, why when I press the reset button, the back light goes off and LCD go back to normal. After I start using for a few mins, Mr. Black comes back! My perception is that if the LCD is burst, it will never go alive anymore. Now I can tell myself the LCD is not burst but it is something to do with the wiring. My friend said it could be fixed but wiring reconnection is very tedious, and take time too! I am now waiting for the notebook loan from my company so that I can continue surfing and writing blogs. I stop writing blog these days is because Mr. Black keep on visiting me, I cannot see anything from my LCD screen!

Sakti hati and disappointed with Dell! Never buy Dell just because it is RM300 cheaper, remember that!

Again, my heart is so pain! :`{


No comments: