Thursday, May 10, 2007

The first time

For the first time, i joined the singing contest. If you would include those primary school's competition then this should not be the first anymore.

It was not my desire to join this contest in HAILO. My colleague Wan Sie forwarded me a mail attached with the registration form for this contest 2 months ago. I was not paying much attention though. Then again, with the persuasion from all of them, YK finally 'forced' me to submit the form with no advance notice.

I wanted to quit as it created a very serious argument between J and I. And i was thinking not to go anymore so that it would slow down the 'flame' between us. After much considerations, i found out that no point putting down my own interest just because i want to make someone happier. I cant tell or evaluate how good or bad my voice, one word - So so la.

I was lack of practice lately as my house is so crowded with my sis, her 2 angels and a maid. I was occupied with house renovation thing and such no time to practice my 战歌. Anyway, i still go ... don care liao lah! Just for fun anyway.

This song 隐形的翅膀 was not my choice but i have no other better song to sing. I was told by my colleagues this is the best fit for my voice among the song listing. And such... the competition began.

I was there at 750pm, contestants need to be there by 8pm to draw your heat no. My supporters?? FU...YOH! almost half of IT dept staffs were there. Those said not coming still came at last. All in almost 20 persons and I got high votes of the night. :P That carries a lot of credit for my total marks. Of course la… my own supporters made up to 10 votes. (Every purchase of Rm50 = 1 vote; 50-100 = 2 vote)

Judges – KIWI and 忆言, commented that i was too nervous ( yea, I was ); stared at KIWI for too long. And they said I was the only one who stared at judges among the others. Yea….. I was looking at KIWI when I sing, so that I don’t feel afraid. I was there to perform.

Well, I was too nervous and my voice was so terrible! May be the song wasn’t the best for me to sing. Anyway, I was selected for semi- final!!! I am now a semi finalist. I shall think which song to sing from now on. I will be on stage again on 30th May 2007. No more tomyam and spicy food next week onwards.

Win or lose is not my main objective anymore, it will be my memory when I am 10 yrs older. If I don’t make it to final, I will take it as stage experience. :D

YK and I


Peng Khoon and I, thanks for the ride and your support


CW and I, thanks for coming and support


Heroes from left - Kok Hooi, Shahrir and Shahanoom. Couldnt believe they stayed until the end!


Heroines from my family - mami, my sis Andie and Erica


CM group, YK , YS and YY


My supporters, too many people and we got to split to 3 tables.


IT group from left - LS ED, YY, WS, WL, LF and LC


Another one included YK


ED and CM group


Auyong and Yeap


Beauties from IT clockwise - YY, LianChee, WanSie, WeiLing and LiFang


My supporters .... YEAH!!!


6 Semi-finalist with judges - far left - 忆言 and far right - KIWI (a star to be who can sing very well, when i said 'well' means very GENG!!!)




Location map



For those who wish to pay HAILO a visit.

No comments: