Friday, March 09, 2012

Baby review

According to my last post.... My New baby



Here is my review on my new baby

1) 6-Speed Dual Clutch Powershift® Automatic Transmission
I am not too sure what is this actually meant in terms of car functionality; but through out my driving experience with Fiesta, the power just come at your finger snip whenever you need it. For example, when you over take car on a single lane road normally in country side; the speed that you need to over take is very crucial. And I can proudly say that the power is good enough to make me happy.

2) Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
Again, not too sure what this actually meant but it should be some how related to the braking systems. So far the stability on high speed (150km/h) or running the car over slippery road, I dont feel any 'insecurity'. Car is stable and no major findings.

3) Traction Control System (TCS)Antilock Braking System (ABS)
I compared the driving experience between Toyota Vios and Ford Fiesta, the brake from Ford is not good as Toyota. The gripping experience just not as fast as Toyota. Overall still OK.

4) Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD)
Whatever Ford claimed is, the brake force just not good enough for me.

5) Driver & Passenger Airbags
Good to have but good NOT to use it, no testing environment is available unless I want to risk my life for it in which it is very unlikely to happen.

6) Bluetooth/USB/iPod Connectivity & Voice Control
Happy with the bluetooth phone connectivity, USB and ipod compatible port but not the voice control in which I think is not so much relevant when I can reach the button at any time.

7) Power of 122PS @ 6300rpm
Never drive up to 6300 rpm so far, do not and cannot imagine what this actually meant.
But the rpm is stable even running the car at 120km/h still below 2500rpm.

8) Fuel consumption 5.9L per 100KM
Do not agree with this claim. The fuel comsumption is not as low as they claimed. So far my average fuel comsumption after 2 months drive is about 8.0 L per 100km in which come to 0.15 cents per litre for me. Still acceptable for a 1600cc car.

9) 16" alloy wheel
OK la, not as CHIO as Honda City rim.

10) Additional note on the car performance, I like the car suspension very much. The 'softness' and 'gentleness' that you can feel whenever you go on the uneven surface road.

11) Also the 6 speakers in the car also make me very happy that provide a very good quality sounds for me while i drive. I play my trance music bim bim boom boom ... very good feeling.

12) Handling wise also quite good for this car, the turning angle, steering wheel control on high speed.

Overall feeling is good driving this car. Paying the loan is also another long 'journey' for me but the car is worth for the money that I paid for.

Happy to be a Ford driver.

2 comments:

WY said...

Awesome specs for a small car.
I'm still waiting for my ride. ;P

Sakemi said...

You will have your turn.... eh I did offer but you not free neh... :P