Tuesday, July 10, 2007

耍太极 Tai chi philosophy

Talking about Tai Chi, what you know about it? A chinese martial art and form of stylized, meditative exercise, characterized by methodically slow circular and stretching movements and positions of bodily balance.

If you ever see how ppl do it, its actually move the upper body and push the arms up and down, back and forth and all that. The bottom part of body is stabilized and unmoved during the entire session.

Tai chi is also another common phrase to be used in office. The true meaning is to be said; pushing away their responsibilities to other parties. And if a solid or somehow an acceptable reason given then I still feel better. Then again, most of the time, the reason given by the person who pushed the responsibilities away is really stupid. How stupid it is?

Scenario 1
A person is drowning in the water, the person who is standing or located at the nearest to the casualty should react fast to rescue victim rather than just blow whistle and wait for rescue team to come over. The person – somehow having the same capability as the rescue team. So can you guys get the picture now?

Scenario 2
The casualty is shouting for help in the sea, the person who is standing at the beach blowing the whistle calling rescue team instead of swimming over to save him/her.

The reason given was –
I was not wearing my swim suit, or I don’t have my goggles
I ate too much food, not able to swim fast
I am not ready to swim, I am afraid of jelly fish
I have minor cuts in my fingers, i am afraid of shark to attack (CHIU!)

Ok… I guess if you are working in big organization, you should be smart enough to understand what I am trying to convey here. Expressing dissatisfaction in a good manner needs tactic; sometimes we just cannot go too far because you still going to meet the person everyday.

My mood was so bad on last sat because of this…. Now you know why.

No comments: