I over heard that one of my close friend in ******** is leaving for his better pastures. I truly feel very happy for him, and I know this had been the dream which he always looking for. Furthermore, he told me he will be a section head there, wow! I really feel like whatever the offer is, just move out and gain experience there. Reason? I think other than title and money; we need experience in our life. Some said; after all we work for money. Right, I never deny that, who wants to work for free?
After starting my job in my place for 5 weeks, I feel like I am pampered by the organization. For those who don’t know how was my ex company….lets read up here:
I was working with production team and there are total 10 persons in our team. We shared 2 cubicles and 2 computers among ourselves. Every report is in paper and recording all in log book. If you want to request for something which is more than 500 in RM, your request will take a very long time to get approve. No internet access and restricted email usage. If you are not willing to share the computer, you got to buy your own computer with original software. No flexi break time and late comers will be recorded. Phone calls with more than 5 mins will be highlighted.
Here, I think most of the US org having the same policy. I have my own cubicle, my own computer…..basically you cannot work without a computer here. They will provide you a brand new laptop as I am in support group ( meaning that stand by all the time ). Full internet access and of course no porn, no MP3 and software download. If you need more software ( Acrobat prof, Miscosoft Visio ) all I need to do is to submit a request then system administrator will then remote to my computer and install for me with free of charge. All report is in soft form and paperless. Even production records are capture into system and databases. Late comers will get highlighted but no body cares if you come back late for breakfast/lunch/tea break. Nobody cares how long your phone conversation is unless it is an oversea call.
See the HUGE different? Both my current and Ex company are US based but why the Ex company sounds like a Taiwanese company huh? That is the reason why they cannot hold their people. I am pointing to the newer batch of employees who has not enjoy their so called….company welfare stock options and all that. Yes, indeed their way of management is able to hold people who like to fantasy. Stock option is no guarantee and we cannot sit down and wait until the stock price to increase. Phew! I rather work for something which is more tangible.
The moment I tendered my resignation, they were a lot of people talking about my decision.
“ She cannot work in *******one lar, she wants to wear "nice nice" to work.”
(well,i never expect this came out from someone who i used to trust, not anymore)
“She likes to work with big org so that she can get rich man.”
“ Don’t understand why she can leave? ******* giving her good money what!”
“ She doesn’t want to work on shift lar, normal shift more high class ma.”
So? Is my decision, leave me alone.…..they are so free to talk about me!!! Fuck you!!! Why bother about me? I am leaving for my own good. I don’t mind if you don’t congratulate me, but stop that bloody mouth and get back to work!
Same shit!!! if you can get a better offer will you stay? I am not sure for those who talked about me; ( Why they came to ******** ? surely they got a better deal right? nah!!! I dont give a shit!! ) but for me surely I will go. I am young and motivated type of girl; I am not willing to stay stagnant at the same place when I finally realized there is no more room for me to improve. I work for money, improvement, promotion and lastly recognition. When you do something you wish to get praise from other, right? For eg. You cook for your husband; you will expect him to say something about your cooking. Otherwise, you will not cook for the second time. Same thing in our work, after contributed all your time and knowledge, at the end of the day, you did not get any recognition from management. Surely you will be like “Ok….next time I will not do anything more than my job scope!” This is what my ex colleague told me, and I know he was indeed disappointed.
More and more people will feel the same and they will start to look for better opportunity. At the same time, ******** management doesn’t bother about it, and carry on with their best style of management. Their best HR manager who spread employee’s information and salary. Talk dirty to ladies…..i don’t mind to talk dirty but as a HR manager, you shouldn’t do the same.
After all, the main objective of this post is to congratulate to my friend who finally find his career and pursue his second chapter of his life. Bravo!!!
After starting my job in my place for 5 weeks, I feel like I am pampered by the organization. For those who don’t know how was my ex company….lets read up here:
I was working with production team and there are total 10 persons in our team. We shared 2 cubicles and 2 computers among ourselves. Every report is in paper and recording all in log book. If you want to request for something which is more than 500 in RM, your request will take a very long time to get approve. No internet access and restricted email usage. If you are not willing to share the computer, you got to buy your own computer with original software. No flexi break time and late comers will be recorded. Phone calls with more than 5 mins will be highlighted.
Here, I think most of the US org having the same policy. I have my own cubicle, my own computer…..basically you cannot work without a computer here. They will provide you a brand new laptop as I am in support group ( meaning that stand by all the time ). Full internet access and of course no porn, no MP3 and software download. If you need more software ( Acrobat prof, Miscosoft Visio ) all I need to do is to submit a request then system administrator will then remote to my computer and install for me with free of charge. All report is in soft form and paperless. Even production records are capture into system and databases. Late comers will get highlighted but no body cares if you come back late for breakfast/lunch/tea break. Nobody cares how long your phone conversation is unless it is an oversea call.
See the HUGE different? Both my current and Ex company are US based but why the Ex company sounds like a Taiwanese company huh? That is the reason why they cannot hold their people. I am pointing to the newer batch of employees who has not enjoy their so called….company welfare stock options and all that. Yes, indeed their way of management is able to hold people who like to fantasy. Stock option is no guarantee and we cannot sit down and wait until the stock price to increase. Phew! I rather work for something which is more tangible.
The moment I tendered my resignation, they were a lot of people talking about my decision.
“ She cannot work in *******one lar, she wants to wear "nice nice" to work.”
(well,i never expect this came out from someone who i used to trust, not anymore)
“She likes to work with big org so that she can get rich man.”
“ Don’t understand why she can leave? ******* giving her good money what!”
“ She doesn’t want to work on shift lar, normal shift more high class ma.”
So? Is my decision, leave me alone.…..they are so free to talk about me!!! Fuck you!!! Why bother about me? I am leaving for my own good. I don’t mind if you don’t congratulate me, but stop that bloody mouth and get back to work!
Same shit!!! if you can get a better offer will you stay? I am not sure for those who talked about me; ( Why they came to ******** ? surely they got a better deal right? nah!!! I dont give a shit!! ) but for me surely I will go. I am young and motivated type of girl; I am not willing to stay stagnant at the same place when I finally realized there is no more room for me to improve. I work for money, improvement, promotion and lastly recognition. When you do something you wish to get praise from other, right? For eg. You cook for your husband; you will expect him to say something about your cooking. Otherwise, you will not cook for the second time. Same thing in our work, after contributed all your time and knowledge, at the end of the day, you did not get any recognition from management. Surely you will be like “Ok….next time I will not do anything more than my job scope!” This is what my ex colleague told me, and I know he was indeed disappointed.
More and more people will feel the same and they will start to look for better opportunity. At the same time, ******** management doesn’t bother about it, and carry on with their best style of management. Their best HR manager who spread employee’s information and salary. Talk dirty to ladies…..i don’t mind to talk dirty but as a HR manager, you shouldn’t do the same.
After all, the main objective of this post is to congratulate to my friend who finally find his career and pursue his second chapter of his life. Bravo!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment