Tuesday, April 18, 2006

This is a point less entry…..

Yesterday night was a cooling night, I was like br....br…..br all night long. The wind was so strong and cold. My house is right at the hillside, surrounded by trees and forest; these contributed the cooling effect at my housing area. I sleept well and tight last night, this morning I even woke up earlier than my alarm clock. :D

In fact I got something to say about this friend of mine who is leaving from my Ex company. He was working with production team for the past 5 years and converted to engineering about 1.5 years ago. We used to talking and playing around as we all working in rotating shift. Whenever he is around, you will hear my scream and laugh. I sees him even more than my boy friend; Ops! Used to have one…..:P He likes to “kacau” me, whenever I am doing something on my desk, he will pull my chair away from my desk and turn me 360o

Indeed I was happy when he and another counterpart of mine are around. Until he converted to an Engineer, all of us felt happy for him and truly congratulated to him too. Now he is leaving and going to be a middle management guy in the new org. I truly feel happy and hope he will then go even closer to his ambition to become a manager one day.

Some says I am the one who brought up the resign trend. Hm…..may be I am but I think I do not have the power to make people leave lar!!! It is all about timing. After me, 4 persons left consecutively. (An accountant, a technician, an engineer and a manager.)It is not because of anyone but the company and the turn over high time. In *********’s history there used to be zero exempt staffs walked out from them since 1994 until 2004. After celebrated its 10th anniversary, people start leaving one by one, as of today the total number of people left = 13

I was not surprise when I heard my friend tendered his letter, I know young people will not stay long there. I must clarify that I never critic on ********* but its culture is not suitable for younger people. It is a great place to work if you are a middle age person with family. You will not required to travel, you can go back home on time and need not to come back to work on weekends. Is a good place to work, isn’t?

Well, my new place is a great place to work too. I can go back on time but I usually “stay back” until 6pm, Hehe! Pretending to be hardworking mar…..:D People here work more and talk less. The only moment we talk a lot is during break time and after 515pm. They are not as friendly as ********* group. In ******** everyone talks to each other, be it from HR, Finance, Purchasing, Production or Engineering. Here? IT to IT, Sub Con to Sub Con, Production to Production; basically this is nothing new to a big org but it just that when an org is smaller (like *********), people tend to work together; whereas in bigger org, everyone is standing on their own toes.

Somebody said this to me before :” huh? You join *** ar? I am sure you will shake your legs there!” Hm….and now what he said was partly true ler! I am busy on the beginning of the week and bloody free at the end of the week. So, basically I shake legs from Wed to Fri without fail. Morning I came into office, before I start my outlook to check mail, my group of people will call me to go down to canteen for breakfast. Breakfast break suppose to be 15 mins plus minus 5 lar, but we drag it to 30 to 45 mins everyday without fail! Then come to lunch time, supposing-ly we depart from office at 1pm and come back at 2pm, here everyone will pack up and “cabut” at 1230pm but we will come back at 140pm lor. The only day we will come back 2pm sharp is on Friday and no body will complain as it is a prayers day for Muslims.

After all, I am new here and all I have to do is to “adapt” to them. If I don’t join them how am I going to work with them? They are friendly and helpful to me. My “see fuu” other words; my senior who is my full time buddy. She is very helpful to me and I feel happy to have such a see fuu like her. I am learning very fast just because of her valuable “willing to teach” spirits. Wow…sounds like I am so lucky huh! ( Me also get screwed by the seniors on my first and second week lar! Some more shouted at me :~[ ) Therefore, I got to appreciate what I have and do my best.

No comments: