I am under severe attacked by my own chromosome.... I was diagnosed with Atopic Eczema, severe attacked all over my body especially my palm. The photos of the affected areas is rather very unsightly so I am not going to post here. ( You can see them in my older post in March ) I am not able to hold pen, spoon, folk or chopsticks comfortably. Driving is also a big challenge as we used our left hand to shift the gear, the problem here is, any pressure to my palm can cause pain and reactive to the blisters and pustules on my palm. Therefore, itchiness and sore is exist.
I then visited Chua Skin Specialist in Bandar Puteri Puchong. I called and got the nurse to slot me in as patient normally go there by appointment instead of walk in. I spoken to Dr. Andrew Chua - a very patient Dr, good listener and he shared to me some of the stress management that would help me to identify what is the possible cause causing the the flare. He also explained to me ( briefly ) on why eczema exist. I further read on this topic and is aligned with what Dr. Andrew told me.
"Scientists have discovered very recently (in 2006) that half the people who have eczema that can't be tied down to any known cause have a genetic change in one of their genes. They have an altered filaggrin gene, which stops them making a fully functional copy of the filaggrin protein.
This protein forms into long filaments or threads in the outermost layers of the skin. It cross links with keratin filaments to enable the skin to be a strong barrier that can keep out irritants and microorganisms that are all around us in the environment. When the filaggrin gene is mutated, this protein doesn't form properly and it doesn't do its job. The result is skin that is prone to damage and infection ~ and which responds by becoming red and flaky."
This protein forms into long filaments or threads in the outermost layers of the skin. It cross links with keratin filaments to enable the skin to be a strong barrier that can keep out irritants and microorganisms that are all around us in the environment. When the filaggrin gene is mutated, this protein doesn't form properly and it doesn't do its job. The result is skin that is prone to damage and infection ~ and which responds by becoming red and flaky."
Source: http://www.blurtit.com/q634796.html
More reading: http://www.eczemaguide.ca/basics/what_causes_eczema.html
I was given a jab to stop my skin inflammation and itchiness. I was given these medication - Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer. ( Not able to rotate this photo in blogger, mere weird and hope blogger developer realized this! )
Betnovate cream
Cutivate cream for lip and face
Treatment cream to treat my eczema flare
I was also prescribed some oral medication.....er.... actually is ALOT OF MEDICINE
Aerius for itchiness
Zithromax as antibiotic
Betamethasone for allergy management - checkout the dosage pattern, eat 2 tablets every alternate day.
Osteocap D3 - to be taken 1 tablet everyday for 30 days. I further and read the related articles on this, D3 is used for immune system simulator. It makes sense to me as my immune systems is weakened and need some supplements to strengthen it.
Lastly,I would like to share the highest price that I had paid to dermatologist. Find out more here Chua Skin Specialist
Dr.Andrew is very pleasant, as mentioned he listened to my voice although he knows better on my skin condition but he still listened and try to understand my background. He hired a helpful nurse too! They explained to me on the medication application flow. He also issued 2 days MC for me to rest at home before I get stress again - like afraid to show my hands in public especially when I am taking public transport to work. Dr.is so understanding......muak muak!!!
Update:
Skin recovered tremendously after 24 hours, blisters and pustules on my palm calmed down and drying up. The drawback here is that skin is ultra-dry, not sure its due to the antibiotics but I try to drink more water. Tomorrow should be fit to work.
Update as of 06th May 2012:
Cetaphil Restoraderm skin restoring moisturizer really a good stuffs. Just after a few days use, I think I will repeat this cream when my current bottle runs out. The moisturizing strength is really good, I applied immediately after shower - 1 pump for upper body and 2 pumps for lower body. When your body still wet, the cream spread evenly across your body and it really does what it claimed.
After full day activities in office (or anyplace out of the house), I can still feel my skin is soft, smooth and supple. This cream is really a good stuffs and I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!! Will repurchase.
As for Betnovate cream, the result is good as it diminished my skin rashes and some old scars too! Not completely disappeared but just after 3 days used, I can see the scar patches is fading off. What a magic cream to me, I shall repeat this cream and keep one at home. I am gonna spend alot of time and money on my skin from now on. I can feel my skin is gettng back to normal (slowly) and that make me feel very very happy. Worth every cents that i spent with this Dr. Andrew !!
As for Betamethasone for allergy management, this pills make me having flu on the first day but since I only asked to take it every alternate days, so the symptom stopped on 3rd day and I am still taking it now. So far no side effect and the cycle prescribed is 30 days.
Just for you to know, I need to spend at east 10 mins more in the morning to apply all these cream on my body. What I will not hesitate to do that since I feel the result in just few days. Thanks Dr.!
Update:
Skin recovered tremendously after 24 hours, blisters and pustules on my palm calmed down and drying up. The drawback here is that skin is ultra-dry, not sure its due to the antibiotics but I try to drink more water. Tomorrow should be fit to work.
Update as of 06th May 2012:
Cetaphil Restoraderm skin restoring moisturizer really a good stuffs. Just after a few days use, I think I will repeat this cream when my current bottle runs out. The moisturizing strength is really good, I applied immediately after shower - 1 pump for upper body and 2 pumps for lower body. When your body still wet, the cream spread evenly across your body and it really does what it claimed.
After full day activities in office (or anyplace out of the house), I can still feel my skin is soft, smooth and supple. This cream is really a good stuffs and I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!! Will repurchase.
As for Betnovate cream, the result is good as it diminished my skin rashes and some old scars too! Not completely disappeared but just after 3 days used, I can see the scar patches is fading off. What a magic cream to me, I shall repeat this cream and keep one at home. I am gonna spend alot of time and money on my skin from now on. I can feel my skin is gettng back to normal (slowly) and that make me feel very very happy. Worth every cents that i spent with this Dr. Andrew !!
As for Betamethasone for allergy management, this pills make me having flu on the first day but since I only asked to take it every alternate days, so the symptom stopped on 3rd day and I am still taking it now. So far no side effect and the cycle prescribed is 30 days.
Just for you to know, I need to spend at east 10 mins more in the morning to apply all these cream on my body. What I will not hesitate to do that since I feel the result in just few days. Thanks Dr.!
No comments:
Post a Comment