Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Thanks Dad

This morning I received a call and looking at the number, I was thinking whether should I just answer or ignore as I thought its a Service Desk call from China team. In which they never failed to annoy me even during mid night.

And the end I decided to answer and to my surprise, the caller actually is my own dad. Phew... my bad as the number showing is not his mobile so I didnt know thats him. And he was just checking with me whether my palm eczema getting better. He saw my outbreak during his stay in KL early this year and he made some chinese medicine for me to take. I told him, my outbreak got very bad 2 weeks ago and I am now under medication and need to continue for 30 days.

He was blablabla over the phone saying I never eat what he asked me to eat consistently, in which I admit I ate for 1 month I think and I stopped. My bad though... and he was actually asking whether he should buy me new box - Donkey-hide gelatin or ass-hide glue (colla corii asini) is gelatin obtained from the skin of the donkey (equus asinus) by soaking and stewing. It is used as an ingredient in traditional Chinese medicine, where it is called ejiao.

There are many ways to eat this but my dad taught us the easiest one.


阿胶黄酒, 阿胶 250 克,黄酒 30 毫升置锅内, 隔水加盖约两至三小时,待其全部溶化取出即可。每日一至两次,每次服两匙,适用于一般血虚症。

Translated:
Ejiao rice wine, 250g of donkey-hide gelatin, 30 ml rice wine, set the pan, soak and leave for two to three hours, until all gelatin dissolved and mixed perfectly with the rice wine. Stim the mixture and leave it cold and it will turned to gel 'pudding'.  You can scoop and mix the gel with water, each serving two spoons.


I think I really need to 检讨myself, I am getting too much attention from everyone and I think I should take care of myself and not the other way round. This gelatin price range is depands on the grade, the higher grade can go up to RMB 500 per box. So its not a cheap stuffs though. But one box can last few months at least, if you cook and eat it consistently. I feel my constipation get better when I was still eating it. I should not have stop eating .... :-(

Anyway, I feel thankful that my parents still love me. Thanks Dad! Muak muak....

No comments: