I … had been harassed by both HSBC and CITI Bank lately. I am really TL with them!
Now the story comes…..
When I received the business trip notification last month, the first thing came across my mind was to call CITI and get them to temporarily increase my credit card limit. Well, as you know, they denied my request and gave me thousands of bloody stupid reasons. I need to increase it because I know I’m gonna swipe for large amount for my hotel – approximately RM7k. My current limit is only 8K. It is for safe side, I don’t intend to shop anyway. Ok fine, don’t want to increase ….. SUAK! I credited a few thousands to my credit card account before I fly to SGP.
There goes my trip in SGP, I came back on 20th Jan, and started to work on the following week. After 3 days, CITI bank officer called me.
Officer : Good morning , Ms Chew, I am *** from CITI bank.
Me : Morning.
Officer : Ms. Chew I noticed you had made a few transactions for the past 2 weeks.
Me : Yes, whats wrong with that??
Officer : No problem at all, the reason why we call you is to introduce our latest promotion to you.
Me : Go ahead.
Officer : Would you like to pay your debts by monthly installment?? (thousands of reason telling me how good the package is)
Me : (I stop her halfway) ***, I don’t think I need that. All debts will be cleared by next week.
Officer : (still trying to persuade me) Oh, it is not necessary to clear your debts, you can also take this amount of money for other purpose.
Me : (I was rude) I don’t need any money now, and thanks for the offer. I think you should stop talking now.
Officer : (laugh) is ok, Ms Chew, thank you for your time.
Why they picked me? I am just a small little ‘litch’! WHEN I ASKED THEM TO INCREASE MY LIMIT, THEY DON’T WANT! NOW WANT TO EARN MY INTEREST?? YOU PPL WAIT LONG LONG LAH!
The calls stop for weeks and recently HSBC keep calling me.
Officer : Good Morning, Ms Chew.
Me : Morning.
Officer : Hi, I am *** from HSBC and would like to talk to you for short while.
Me : regarding what?
Officer : It is regarding our latest supplementary card promotion, Ms Chew.
Me : Oh, thanks for the call, I don’t think I need that.
Officer : Any particular reason Ms. Chew
Me : I don’t have anyone to sup my card to.
Officer : Is ok, thank you for your time.
Me : Bye.
After the first rejection, second, third day, same no. keeps calling me. I knew it’s them, so I ignored those calls. May be they are short of business lately and marketing strategy becoming aggressive now. I really hate when them calling me during my working hours.
At first, I still answered and tell them “I am not able to talk now.” But that doesn’t stop them to call me back! Yo….. so annoying! Now …. I dont even want to answer. I only answer to my sis calls. I know what her number is.
Sometime I feel ‘sympathy’ for those banking officers. They call me for the sake of working, they need to get sales to meet monthly/weekly quota. Then again, 2 to 3 calls in a day would definitely provoke not only me, but everyone. I have no choice but to reject them unkindly. If you want to be kind, ask yourself how many time of kindness can you offer? Sorry bank officers… I have no choice you know?? So don’t curse me after talking to me.
I just noticed something, I had been writing harshly lately. Blame the weather la, so hot, and make me hot, so I write with hot temper, and so come out with lotsa of HOT words!
Now the story comes…..
When I received the business trip notification last month, the first thing came across my mind was to call CITI and get them to temporarily increase my credit card limit. Well, as you know, they denied my request and gave me thousands of bloody stupid reasons. I need to increase it because I know I’m gonna swipe for large amount for my hotel – approximately RM7k. My current limit is only 8K. It is for safe side, I don’t intend to shop anyway. Ok fine, don’t want to increase ….. SUAK! I credited a few thousands to my credit card account before I fly to SGP.
There goes my trip in SGP, I came back on 20th Jan, and started to work on the following week. After 3 days, CITI bank officer called me.
Officer : Good morning , Ms Chew, I am *** from CITI bank.
Me : Morning.
Officer : Ms. Chew I noticed you had made a few transactions for the past 2 weeks.
Me : Yes, whats wrong with that??
Officer : No problem at all, the reason why we call you is to introduce our latest promotion to you.
Me : Go ahead.
Officer : Would you like to pay your debts by monthly installment?? (thousands of reason telling me how good the package is)
Me : (I stop her halfway) ***, I don’t think I need that. All debts will be cleared by next week.
Officer : (still trying to persuade me) Oh, it is not necessary to clear your debts, you can also take this amount of money for other purpose.
Me : (I was rude) I don’t need any money now, and thanks for the offer. I think you should stop talking now.
Officer : (laugh) is ok, Ms Chew, thank you for your time.
Why they picked me? I am just a small little ‘litch’! WHEN I ASKED THEM TO INCREASE MY LIMIT, THEY DON’T WANT! NOW WANT TO EARN MY INTEREST?? YOU PPL WAIT LONG LONG LAH!
The calls stop for weeks and recently HSBC keep calling me.
Officer : Good Morning, Ms Chew.
Me : Morning.
Officer : Hi, I am *** from HSBC and would like to talk to you for short while.
Me : regarding what?
Officer : It is regarding our latest supplementary card promotion, Ms Chew.
Me : Oh, thanks for the call, I don’t think I need that.
Officer : Any particular reason Ms. Chew
Me : I don’t have anyone to sup my card to.
Officer : Is ok, thank you for your time.
Me : Bye.
After the first rejection, second, third day, same no. keeps calling me. I knew it’s them, so I ignored those calls. May be they are short of business lately and marketing strategy becoming aggressive now. I really hate when them calling me during my working hours.
At first, I still answered and tell them “I am not able to talk now.” But that doesn’t stop them to call me back! Yo….. so annoying! Now …. I dont even want to answer. I only answer to my sis calls. I know what her number is.
Sometime I feel ‘sympathy’ for those banking officers. They call me for the sake of working, they need to get sales to meet monthly/weekly quota. Then again, 2 to 3 calls in a day would definitely provoke not only me, but everyone. I have no choice but to reject them unkindly. If you want to be kind, ask yourself how many time of kindness can you offer? Sorry bank officers… I have no choice you know?? So don’t curse me after talking to me.
I just noticed something, I had been writing harshly lately. Blame the weather la, so hot, and make me hot, so I write with hot temper, and so come out with lotsa of HOT words!
No comments:
Post a Comment